Thursday, September 6, 2007

Meeting These Two Wonderful People Has Made My Trip Worthwhile





a>
<
Introducing Irish Joe and his lovely wife of 15 years, Rachel . I could have not met nicer, caring people anywhere. These photos were taken at the peaceful, rustic zoo. I know I'm in Kiev to find a wife so I can drive in the carpool lane on the jammed LA freeways. but didn't Aristotle say, Man is a social animal? I could not meet any sweeter people. I have a tendency to consider people along with their agendas. An ex girl friend that I was head over heels for had the agenda to get me out of her life. She drove me to Logan airport in 1990 and said while I was crying like baby, Get out of the car, you asshole! The troopers are coming."

No she wasn't that direct. It was worse, she said, "Good bye. Have a nice life". Did she mean I have to go meet the butcher I'm dating. At the time I hurt more than anything I had ever experienced. But her parting comment was provident because I understand that my life is defined by the friends I love and those who love me. God must exist because I have many of them, way beyond the limit. These people have no other agenda than reciprocated love between us. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, a mush ball equating love and friendship. Whatever, I'm blessed to have many friend and these two are on that list for the rest of my 30 or 40 years of life remaining. (I'm counting on medical science advancements.) I can think of many of you ,dear readers that I would take a bullet for. (I suppose that gets easier as I age.) For example, I'm here for six weeks because of three dear friends.
Okay enough of that.

Before I head back into the morass of beautiful women that will offer me (block your eyes mom) more ass, I have one more comment off the subject:.
Along with the rest of the world, I mourn the loss of Luciano Pavarotti, a tremendous talent who spread love to anyone with ears and a heart.
One more by Lee Geenwood:

"And I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land, God bless the U.S.A."


John Lennon had it right, "All you need is Love."

No comments: