Thursday, August 16, 2007

Day 8 Wed, 8/15: Seventh Inning Stretch

I never made it to the River Palace for blackjack. I slept instead.
I think it's an excuse but I have to wait until my direct deposit funds, $1000 US hits my bank. So far I have spent, including airfare and apartment and gambling losses, slightly over $7,000 US. Is this tax deductible?

I bought and cooked some food. I washed out some clothing in my tub. Apparently, there is no laundry or dry cleaners here in Kiev. Where are the Chinese?
Jamie washes his dress shirts in the sink... and they look like it.

Regardless of my low funds state, I was headed to The River Palace to augment my finances when the Ukrainian heavens opened up reminiscent of biblical measure. It was thunder and lightning and pouring rain like Noah's day.

Living in gentle Santa Monica, I hadn't seen rain in almost two years and nothing like this torrent since I lived on Long Island decades ago.
In Santa Monica when it mists, there are big traffic jams. The people crash into each other constantly until it dries.

I wonder how the under city handled flood of water gushing down the hill I live on.
I was wonderful to behold. No wind just pouring rain and crashes of thunder.
I suppose they are underground because of the hard winters. They tell me it can be 30 below, centigrade!

Ok. I know. I have been remiss in my purpose for being here.
In 1998 in Russia, by the eigth day I had met over 30 women, all dying to come with me. Here I've only spoken with pros. I need to get going.

To clarify; I am having a wonderful time. I look at my situation and I envy myself.
At any moment (probably Friday when my bank account becomes improved) I shall spring into action.

Stay Tuned!!!!

No comments: