Friday, August 10, 2007

Got the Passport In One Day and Flew Away

After 8 hours of line after line, I received my new passport. During the wait I entertained many different groups of fellow travelers who were in an emgergency state looking for their passport. Many people had been months waiting and their flight was leaving the next day. I dressed in a suit and tie and brought humorous pictures with me to help the federal employees help me. I went to the Federal building at 6:30AM.

I was the only one leaving the same day.
When I finally got the passport in my hand at 4:00PM, a hundred people gave me a standing O.
The other 200 people I never got to meet were perplexed, but I held up my passport and shouted, "Which way to LAX?" That brought the house down. People in a long queue are easily entertained.

So I dashed home, packed and hired a car to LAX. The driver owns the company and offered me a job as I complained the route he took at the rush hour.
He says I can make at least $500 for a few hours work.

I did comedy at the ticket counter and got a great seat in coach. It was at the door with unlimited leg room.

My legs were jumpy after all, I had barely slept for two days, searching for my passport. RLS? Restless leg syndrome? I think not. But I definately have RMS...restless mouth syndrome.

No comments: